Haryana CM asks power minister to reconsider resignation
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Wednesday said he has asked Power, Forests and Environment Minister Ajay Singh Yadav to reconsider his decision to resign.
"I have asked him to reconsider his decision to resign. I am waiting for his response," Hooda told reporters here after a cabinet meeting.
Yadav, the third senior-most minister, tendered his resignation to Hooda Tuesday as he said he was being sidelined in the government and also due to discrimination regarding development and jobs in most areas of the state.
Hooda took at a dig at the minister, saying: "No one was annoyed because of me, but that could be because of one`s own vested interests. If one gets annoyed close to (assembly) elections, one can guess the reason."
Asked if the Haryana Congress was facing a crisis with leaders leaving it, Hooda claimed there was no upheaval in the party. "Congress is very strong and let`s see who defects," he said.
Denying discrimination against some areas as alleged by those opposed to him within the Congress, Hooda said: "They are doing so as they have no issue. When one finds discrimination after 10 years, you can understand the situation."
Asked about the reported meeting Congress Rajya Sabha member and Hooda baiter Birender Singh held with BJP`s national president Amit Shah in New Delhi Tuesday, Hooda said he was unaware about it.
The chief minister defended the controversial appointments of two information commissioners and three commissioners of the Right to Service Commission July 27, saying all legal procedures were followed in doing that.
"It was done legally and as per the Constitution, and proper procedure was followed. No irregularity has been committed in making these appointments," Hooda maintained.
Incidentally, the administrative reforms department secretary did not issue appointment letters to the commissioners.
Informed sources say the process was completed hurriedly to avoid objections by new governor Kaptan Singh Solanki, who took charge July 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates