Congress, BJP workers clash in Haryana, woman activist thrashed
Yamunanagar : A fight on Monday broke out at the Yamunanagar Municipal Corporation office between the supporters of the mayor and her deputy over a matter of chairs falling short, leaving one councillor injured.
Mayor Saroj Bala (Independent) arrived at the office and found her deputy, BJP`s Pawan Bittu, seated there along with some other persons.
Soon, tempers ran high as the mayor, who was with her supporters, found she had no place to sit.
A heated exchange then followed between the two sides over the seating, corporation sources said.
Bala insisted that the senior deputy mayor vacate the chairs, but with Bittu refusing to relent, her supporters soon got into a fight with him.
A few councillors of the 20-member House were present at the Corporation Office at the time and they, too, joined in the melee, leading to injuries for one councillor, BJP`s Sangeeta Singhal.
Singhal was initially taken to the civil hospital for treatment but now has been admitted to a private hospital.
Bittu later submitted a complaint with police against six supporters of the mayor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray