Congress, BJP workers clash in Haryana, woman activist thrashed
Yamunanagar : A fight on Monday broke out at the Yamunanagar Municipal Corporation office between the supporters of the mayor and her deputy over a matter of chairs falling short, leaving one councillor injured.
Mayor Saroj Bala (Independent) arrived at the office and found her deputy, BJP`s Pawan Bittu, seated there along with some other persons.
Soon, tempers ran high as the mayor, who was with her supporters, found she had no place to sit.
A heated exchange then followed between the two sides over the seating, corporation sources said.
Bala insisted that the senior deputy mayor vacate the chairs, but with Bittu refusing to relent, her supporters soon got into a fight with him.
A few councillors of the 20-member House were present at the Corporation Office at the time and they, too, joined in the melee, leading to injuries for one councillor, BJP`s Sangeeta Singhal.
Singhal was initially taken to the civil hospital for treatment but now has been admitted to a private hospital.
Bittu later submitted a complaint with police against six supporters of the mayor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA