Congress to give 50% tickets to youths in assembly polls: Hooda
Ambala: Haryana Congress would recommend 50 per cent of tickets for the upcoming assembly polls to the youths, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Monday.
"For the ensuing assembly elections this year, the state unit of the party would recommend that 50 per cent of the tickets be given to the youths," Hooda, while addressing party workers in Ambala Cantonment near here said.
He said Congress would form government in Haryana for the third consecutive term and all the four seats in district Ambala would be won by the Congress.
Taking a jibe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his reported comment that people should get prepared for hard decisions, Hooda said the Centre has already decided to increase the price of diesel by 50 paisa every month.
He said people had hoped that after Modi assumed office of Prime Minister, the prices of diesel, petrol and other food items would fall.
Referring to the issue of separate Shiromani Gurudwara Parbhandhak Committee for managing Sikh shrines in Haryana, Hooda said the government would take decision regarding the separate SGPC while keeping in view the interests of the Sikhs in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?