Devotees take holy dip in Yamuna River
Sonepat: A large number of men, women and
children today took a holy dip in the river Yamuna near
Sonepat on the occasion of Magh Purnima.
An endless stream of devotees started pouring in at
around 3 AM. Braving the chilly winds, the devotees took the
dip, which is the last dip taken during the month of Magh
After the holy dip, the devotees thronged the nearby
temples and other religious places, besides joining the
Elaborate security arrangements were made by the police
at various ghats, including Bega, Memarpur, Jhundpur and Garh
Mirakhpur on this occasion to check any untoward incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city