Devotees take holy dip in Yamuna River
Sonepat: A large number of men, women and
children today took a holy dip in the river Yamuna near
Sonepat on the occasion of Magh Purnima.
An endless stream of devotees started pouring in at
around 3 AM. Braving the chilly winds, the devotees took the
dip, which is the last dip taken during the month of Magh
After the holy dip, the devotees thronged the nearby
temples and other religious places, besides joining the
Elaborate security arrangements were made by the police
at various ghats, including Bega, Memarpur, Jhundpur and Garh
Mirakhpur on this occasion to check any untoward incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!