Devotees take holy dip in Yamuna River
Sonepat: A large number of men, women and
children today took a holy dip in the river Yamuna near
Sonepat on the occasion of Magh Purnima.
An endless stream of devotees started pouring in at
around 3 AM. Braving the chilly winds, the devotees took the
dip, which is the last dip taken during the month of Magh
After the holy dip, the devotees thronged the nearby
temples and other religious places, besides joining the
Elaborate security arrangements were made by the police
at various ghats, including Bega, Memarpur, Jhundpur and Garh
Mirakhpur on this occasion to check any untoward incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?