Estranged brother extends support to Chautala
Chandigarh: INLD chief Om Prakash Chautala`s estranged brother and former MLA Pratap Singh Chautala today extended support and solidarity to the jailed leader and his family.
Pratap said he and his son Ravi will stand "like a rock behind Chautala and his family and it was the time for us to remain united."
A special CBI court had sentenced Om Prakash Chautala, his son Ajay and eight others to 10 years in jail while one convict was sentenced to five years in jail and 45 others to four years in jail.
On January 16, the court had held 78-year-old INLD supremo guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in 2000.
Pratap, however, made it clear that he won`t join INLD as he "wants to work like a freelance politician".
Pratap, who till recently had opposed Chautala on various issues, said that he had decided to forget the past.
"Our common enemy was the Congress, which is using CBI like a puppet to target political opponents like they have done in the case of the INLD chief," he said at a press conference here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BCCI for transparency in awarding IPL media rights
- Cow vigilantism? Two Dalits thrashed in Gujarat for refusing to clear carcass of calf
- 'Arvind Kejriwal fooling people of Goa by making tall promises'
- Kashmir like volcano about to erupt, says AK Antony
- Union Minister Prakash Javadekar clarifies on Nehru, Patel gaffe - Here's what he said