Estranged brother extends support to Chautala
Chandigarh: INLD chief Om Prakash Chautala`s estranged brother and former MLA Pratap Singh Chautala today extended support and solidarity to the jailed leader and his family.
Pratap said he and his son Ravi will stand "like a rock behind Chautala and his family and it was the time for us to remain united."
A special CBI court had sentenced Om Prakash Chautala, his son Ajay and eight others to 10 years in jail while one convict was sentenced to five years in jail and 45 others to four years in jail.
On January 16, the court had held 78-year-old INLD supremo guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in 2000.
Pratap, however, made it clear that he won`t join INLD as he "wants to work like a freelance politician".
Pratap, who till recently had opposed Chautala on various issues, said that he had decided to forget the past.
"Our common enemy was the Congress, which is using CBI like a puppet to target political opponents like they have done in the case of the INLD chief," he said at a press conference here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened