Four girl students fined for wearing jeans in Haryana
Bhiwani (Haryana): Four girl students of a college here were allegedly fined Rs 100 each for wearing jeans and T-shirts in the college, a dress combination which is prohibited under the institution`s attire code.
"The ban would help curb incidents like eve-teasing and would help maintain decorum in the college," Principal of the college Bhiwani Adarsh Mahila Mahavidayalaya, Alaka Sharma said here.
"Jeans and T-shirts are completely westernised outfits. These small dresses don`t cover students and that is the reason why they have to face eve-teasing due to which parents and college administration face problem," Sharma said.
Another reason to impose this ban is to maintain the decorum of the college so that every student should look the same irrespective of whatever class she belongs, and through this nobody will have superiority or inferiority complex, she said.
The principal also informed that the students are not allowed to bring mobile phones to the college.
Meanwhile, the imposition of fine has evoked mixed reaction among the students.
"Ban on wearing jeans and T-shirts doesn`t mean that there will be no crimes and boys will not pass lewd comments on you. Men who want to eve-tease will still do it even if a girl has donned Indian clothes," said a college student.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog