Free travel facility in Haryana roadways buses on Rakhi
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has decided to allow free travel facility to women and their minor children in state roadways buses on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan on August 20.
In an announcement made on Saturday, the official spokesperson of the government said, "In view of the festival, free travelling facility to women, along with their children up to the age of 15 years, will be provided in ordinary buses of Haryana Roadways."
This facility for women and children will be allowed throughout the state as well as for journey from any place in Haryana up to Delhi and Chandigarh, he added.
The festival of Raksha Bandhan will be celebrated on August 20 in the state.
The spokesperson said that over seven lakh women and children had availed this facility for the Raksha Bandhan festival last year.
The free travel facility was started by the state government in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city