Free travel facility in Haryana roadways buses on Rakhi
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has decided to allow free travel facility to women and their minor children in state roadways buses on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan on August 20.
In an announcement made on Saturday, the official spokesperson of the government said, "In view of the festival, free travelling facility to women, along with their children up to the age of 15 years, will be provided in ordinary buses of Haryana Roadways."
This facility for women and children will be allowed throughout the state as well as for journey from any place in Haryana up to Delhi and Chandigarh, he added.
The festival of Raksha Bandhan will be celebrated on August 20 in the state.
The spokesperson said that over seven lakh women and children had availed this facility for the Raksha Bandhan festival last year.
The free travel facility was started by the state government in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof