Geetika suicide case: Fresh charge slapped against Kanda
New Delhi: A fresh charge of criminal intimidation was on Tuesday slapped against former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda in connection with the suicide of his former employee who has accused him of harassment.
A former air hostess with Kanda`s now defunct MDLR airline, 23-year-old Geetika Sharma was found dead on Sunday at her Ashok Vihar residence in north-west Delhi.
In a suicide note found at her residence, Geetika accused Kanda and MDLR official Aruna Chaddha of repeatedly harassing her.
P Karunakaran, Deputy Commissioner of Police(North-West), said they have now added Section 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC in the case which was registered on Sunday.
Police had earlier registered a case of abetment to suicide against Kanda on the basis of the suicide note.
A team from the National Commission for Women (NCW) began its probe into the incident with a visit to Geetika`s house.
"This is the preliminary stage of inquiry. We have talked to parents, with the brother and now we would be talking to Kanda and others. Then we will submit our report," a member of the team said. She said they will talk to the family again tomorrow.
Geetika`s family demanded a CBI inquiry into the case and wanted the former minister to be arrested soon.
"We have issued notices to Chaddha and another colleague Ankit Alhuwalia to join the probe. Alhuwalia`s name cropped up during investigations," Karunakaran told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon