Geetika suicide case: Fresh charge slapped against Kanda
New Delhi: A fresh charge of criminal intimidation was on Tuesday slapped against former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda in connection with the suicide of his former employee who has accused him of harassment.
A former air hostess with Kanda`s now defunct MDLR airline, 23-year-old Geetika Sharma was found dead on Sunday at her Ashok Vihar residence in north-west Delhi.
In a suicide note found at her residence, Geetika accused Kanda and MDLR official Aruna Chaddha of repeatedly harassing her.
P Karunakaran, Deputy Commissioner of Police(North-West), said they have now added Section 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC in the case which was registered on Sunday.
Police had earlier registered a case of abetment to suicide against Kanda on the basis of the suicide note.
A team from the National Commission for Women (NCW) began its probe into the incident with a visit to Geetika`s house.
"This is the preliminary stage of inquiry. We have talked to parents, with the brother and now we would be talking to Kanda and others. Then we will submit our report," a member of the team said. She said they will talk to the family again tomorrow.
Geetika`s family demanded a CBI inquiry into the case and wanted the former minister to be arrested soon.
"We have issued notices to Chaddha and another colleague Ankit Alhuwalia to join the probe. Alhuwalia`s name cropped up during investigations," Karunakaran told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone