Govt mulling introduction of mono rail between Fbd and Gurgaon
Faridabad: The Haryana Government is considering to introduce Mono-rail between Faridabad and Gurgaon, which will further accelerate the pace of development in the area, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said Sunday.
The modalities of the project would be worked out, Hooda said addressing a rally here.
On the occasion, Hooda also announced a bonanza of incentives for the people of Faridabad, which included construction of a road from Bata Chowk to B K Civil Hospital costing Rs 12 crore and rehabilitation of people living in slum areas after carrying out survey in February 2013.
In view of the problem of shortage of power supply in the state, the chief minister said soon 20 to 22 hours uninterrupted power supply would be provided to all cities and villages of Haryana.
Hooda also said that on invitation of Bhutan`s Prime Minister, he would visit the country regarding setting up of a new hydel power project there.
He said that under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewable Mission, developmental works costing Rs 849 crore were being implemented in Faridabad.
Hooda said that efforts were being made to extend the Metro Rail line upto Ballabhgarh.
Referring to the issue of unauthorised colonies which is lying pending in the court, the chief minster said that he was well aware of the problem being faced by the people of Haryana and if necessary, a new law would be enacted on the pattern of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark