Govt mulling introduction of mono rail between Fbd and Gurgaon
Faridabad: The Haryana Government is considering to introduce Mono-rail between Faridabad and Gurgaon, which will further accelerate the pace of development in the area, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said Sunday.
The modalities of the project would be worked out, Hooda said addressing a rally here.
On the occasion, Hooda also announced a bonanza of incentives for the people of Faridabad, which included construction of a road from Bata Chowk to B K Civil Hospital costing Rs 12 crore and rehabilitation of people living in slum areas after carrying out survey in February 2013.
In view of the problem of shortage of power supply in the state, the chief minister said soon 20 to 22 hours uninterrupted power supply would be provided to all cities and villages of Haryana.
Hooda also said that on invitation of Bhutan`s Prime Minister, he would visit the country regarding setting up of a new hydel power project there.
He said that under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewable Mission, developmental works costing Rs 849 crore were being implemented in Faridabad.
Hooda said that efforts were being made to extend the Metro Rail line upto Ballabhgarh.
Referring to the issue of unauthorised colonies which is lying pending in the court, the chief minster said that he was well aware of the problem being faced by the people of Haryana and if necessary, a new law would be enacted on the pattern of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof