Gurgaon: Retired police officer called for questioning, dies
Gurgaon: A 60-year-old retired police officer died after he was summoned to a police station here in connection with a land dispute while his family is alleging that he was beaten to death, a charge denied by police.
Beerpal Raghav, a retired Assistant Sub-Inspector from Rajasthan, was called to the Bhondsi police station following a complaint by his neighbour Bhagirath, police said.
Family members alleged that Raghav fainted inside the police station after he was thrashed and was rushed to a private hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
Raghav and Bhagirath had a dispute related to land and the matter was sub-judice, the family members told reporters.
In spite of the matter being sub-judice, Raghav was called to the police station on the behest of Bhagirath and thrashed by policemen which accounted for his death, they claimed.
Meanwhile, police denied the allegations saying Raghav was not beaten by anyone in the police station.
He fainted inside the police station and was immediately taken to a private hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?