Gurgaon: Retired police officer called for questioning, dies
Gurgaon: A 60-year-old retired police officer died after he was summoned to a police station here in connection with a land dispute while his family is alleging that he was beaten to death, a charge denied by police.
Beerpal Raghav, a retired Assistant Sub-Inspector from Rajasthan, was called to the Bhondsi police station following a complaint by his neighbour Bhagirath, police said.
Family members alleged that Raghav fainted inside the police station after he was thrashed and was rushed to a private hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
Raghav and Bhagirath had a dispute related to land and the matter was sub-judice, the family members told reporters.
In spite of the matter being sub-judice, Raghav was called to the police station on the behest of Bhagirath and thrashed by policemen which accounted for his death, they claimed.
Meanwhile, police denied the allegations saying Raghav was not beaten by anyone in the police station.
He fainted inside the police station and was immediately taken to a private hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Happy that gymnastics is finally getting attention in India: Dipa Karmakar
- Oh-so-cute! Shah Rukh Khan spends candid time with Yusuf Pathan's son – Pic inside
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016 declared: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results available at mbse.edu.in
- One dead, three injured in building collapse in old Delhi
- Prince 'diagnosed with AIDS' months before his death?