Gurgaon: Retired police officer called for questioning, dies
Gurgaon: A 60-year-old retired police officer died after he was summoned to a police station here in connection with a land dispute while his family is alleging that he was beaten to death, a charge denied by police.
Beerpal Raghav, a retired Assistant Sub-Inspector from Rajasthan, was called to the Bhondsi police station following a complaint by his neighbour Bhagirath, police said.
Family members alleged that Raghav fainted inside the police station after he was thrashed and was rushed to a private hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
Raghav and Bhagirath had a dispute related to land and the matter was sub-judice, the family members told reporters.
In spite of the matter being sub-judice, Raghav was called to the police station on the behest of Bhagirath and thrashed by policemen which accounted for his death, they claimed.
Meanwhile, police denied the allegations saying Raghav was not beaten by anyone in the police station.
He fainted inside the police station and was immediately taken to a private hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...