Gurgaon: Retired police officer called for questioning, dies
Gurgaon: A 60-year-old retired police officer died after he was summoned to a police station here in connection with a land dispute while his family is alleging that he was beaten to death, a charge denied by police.
Beerpal Raghav, a retired Assistant Sub-Inspector from Rajasthan, was called to the Bhondsi police station following a complaint by his neighbour Bhagirath, police said.
Family members alleged that Raghav fainted inside the police station after he was thrashed and was rushed to a private hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
Raghav and Bhagirath had a dispute related to land and the matter was sub-judice, the family members told reporters.
In spite of the matter being sub-judice, Raghav was called to the police station on the behest of Bhagirath and thrashed by policemen which accounted for his death, they claimed.
Meanwhile, police denied the allegations saying Raghav was not beaten by anyone in the police station.
He fainted inside the police station and was immediately taken to a private hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan