Haryana asks ITES units to change power connections
Chandigarh: Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) units in Haryana have been asked to convert their electricity connections from industrial category to the non-domestic category, an official Wednesday.
The Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN), a government-sector power distribution agency for south Haryana, announced that ITES units will have to convert to the new category by the April 30 deadline set for them.
"Penalty will be levied on those ITES units which have electricity connections under industrial category after expiry of the last date of the facility of voluntarily conversion from industrial category to non-domestic category provided by the DHBVN," a spokesman of the agency said here.
"Some ITES units have electricity connections under industrial category while, according to the Industrial and Investment Policy-2011 of the Haryana government, non-domestic tariff is applicable in case of ITES units notified by the government. Accordingly, such consumers are liable for penalty," he said.
Scores ITES units, including MNCs, are located in Gurgaon and nearby areas of south Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...