Haryana asks ITES units to change power connections
Chandigarh: Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) units in Haryana have been asked to convert their electricity connections from industrial category to the non-domestic category, an official Wednesday.
The Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN), a government-sector power distribution agency for south Haryana, announced that ITES units will have to convert to the new category by the April 30 deadline set for them.
"Penalty will be levied on those ITES units which have electricity connections under industrial category after expiry of the last date of the facility of voluntarily conversion from industrial category to non-domestic category provided by the DHBVN," a spokesman of the agency said here.
"Some ITES units have electricity connections under industrial category while, according to the Industrial and Investment Policy-2011 of the Haryana government, non-domestic tariff is applicable in case of ITES units notified by the government. Accordingly, such consumers are liable for penalty," he said.
Scores ITES units, including MNCs, are located in Gurgaon and nearby areas of south Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!