Haryana asks ITES units to change power connections
Chandigarh: Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) units in Haryana have been asked to convert their electricity connections from industrial category to the non-domestic category, an official Wednesday.
The Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN), a government-sector power distribution agency for south Haryana, announced that ITES units will have to convert to the new category by the April 30 deadline set for them.
"Penalty will be levied on those ITES units which have electricity connections under industrial category after expiry of the last date of the facility of voluntarily conversion from industrial category to non-domestic category provided by the DHBVN," a spokesman of the agency said here.
"Some ITES units have electricity connections under industrial category while, according to the Industrial and Investment Policy-2011 of the Haryana government, non-domestic tariff is applicable in case of ITES units notified by the government. Accordingly, such consumers are liable for penalty," he said.
Scores ITES units, including MNCs, are located in Gurgaon and nearby areas of south Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam