Haryana asks ITES units to change power connections
Chandigarh: Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) units in Haryana have been asked to convert their electricity connections from industrial category to the non-domestic category, an official Wednesday.
The Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN), a government-sector power distribution agency for south Haryana, announced that ITES units will have to convert to the new category by the April 30 deadline set for them.
"Penalty will be levied on those ITES units which have electricity connections under industrial category after expiry of the last date of the facility of voluntarily conversion from industrial category to non-domestic category provided by the DHBVN," a spokesman of the agency said here.
"Some ITES units have electricity connections under industrial category while, according to the Industrial and Investment Policy-2011 of the Haryana government, non-domestic tariff is applicable in case of ITES units notified by the government. Accordingly, such consumers are liable for penalty," he said.
Scores ITES units, including MNCs, are located in Gurgaon and nearby areas of south Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!