Haryana govt for CBI probe against Rathore
Panchkula (Haryana): There seems to be more trouble in store for Haryana’s ex-police chief SPS Rathore as after the state police the Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda recommended to Centre to transfer the investigations of fresh FIRs against Rathore by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Speaking to reporters, Hooda said that state government has recommended for CBI probe against SPS Rathore.
Hooda government had earlier ordered to file fresh FIRs against Rathore and book him under IPC’s Section 306 (abetment to suicide charges). Later, recommendation was made to the Centre to strip Rathore of his President’s medal.
Following the directions from state government Rathore has been slapped with fresh FIRs and home ministry has also asked Presidents’s office to strip tainted police officers from their medals.
Earlier today, Haryana police recommended that the three fresh cases registered against disgraced former Haryana police chief SPS Rathore be transferred to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for further investigation.
"We have registered the third FIR (first information report) against him (Rathore). We have recommended that all cases be handed over to the CBI for investigation," Panchkula Superintendent of Police Maneesh Chaudhary said.
The Panchkula police today filed a case of abetment to suicide (Section 306 of Indian Penal Code) in the Ruchika Girhotra molestation case. He would be arrested only after investigations into his role, police said.
Other police officers, who slapped false car theft cases on Ruchika`s brother Ashu between 1990 and 1993 and tortured him in custody, compelling her to commit suicide, have also been named in the fresh FIR against Rathore.
Ruchika, who was molested by Rathore here Aug 12, 1990, when she was just over 15 years old, had committed suicide Dec 28, 1993, three years after her molestation, by consuming a poisonous insecticide.
Rathore was last week booked by the Panchkula police in two different cases, charging him with attempt to murder, forging and tampering evidence of Ruchika`s death, criminal conspiracy and wrongful confinement. Most of the charges slapped against him in both FIRs are non-bailable ones.
The complaints for the two FIRs were made by Ruchika`s father S.C. Girhotra and brother Ashu.
But Rathore Friday managed to secure interim relief on his anticipatory bail application from the district and sessions court here till Jan 7, when his bail plea in these two cases comes up for hearing again.
Rathore was convicted by a CBI special court in Chandigarh Dec 21 for Ruchika`s molestation and sentenced to six months rigorous imprisonment and a fine of Rs 1,000.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof