Haryana govt for CBI probe against Rathore
Panchkula (Haryana): There seems to be more trouble in store for Haryana’s ex-police chief SPS Rathore as after the state police the Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda recommended to Centre to transfer the investigations of fresh FIRs against Rathore by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Speaking to reporters, Hooda said that state government has recommended for CBI probe against SPS Rathore.
Hooda government had earlier ordered to file fresh FIRs against Rathore and book him under IPC’s Section 306 (abetment to suicide charges). Later, recommendation was made to the Centre to strip Rathore of his President’s medal.
Following the directions from state government Rathore has been slapped with fresh FIRs and home ministry has also asked Presidents’s office to strip tainted police officers from their medals.
Earlier today, Haryana police recommended that the three fresh cases registered against disgraced former Haryana police chief SPS Rathore be transferred to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for further investigation.
"We have registered the third FIR (first information report) against him (Rathore). We have recommended that all cases be handed over to the CBI for investigation," Panchkula Superintendent of Police Maneesh Chaudhary said.
The Panchkula police today filed a case of abetment to suicide (Section 306 of Indian Penal Code) in the Ruchika Girhotra molestation case. He would be arrested only after investigations into his role, police said.
Other police officers, who slapped false car theft cases on Ruchika`s brother Ashu between 1990 and 1993 and tortured him in custody, compelling her to commit suicide, have also been named in the fresh FIR against Rathore.
Ruchika, who was molested by Rathore here Aug 12, 1990, when she was just over 15 years old, had committed suicide Dec 28, 1993, three years after her molestation, by consuming a poisonous insecticide.
Rathore was last week booked by the Panchkula police in two different cases, charging him with attempt to murder, forging and tampering evidence of Ruchika`s death, criminal conspiracy and wrongful confinement. Most of the charges slapped against him in both FIRs are non-bailable ones.
The complaints for the two FIRs were made by Ruchika`s father S.C. Girhotra and brother Ashu.
But Rathore Friday managed to secure interim relief on his anticipatory bail application from the district and sessions court here till Jan 7, when his bail plea in these two cases comes up for hearing again.
Rathore was convicted by a CBI special court in Chandigarh Dec 21 for Ruchika`s molestation and sentenced to six months rigorous imprisonment and a fine of Rs 1,000.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read