Haryana Lokayukta laments acute staff shortage
Chandigarh: Haryana Lokayukta has said there is an acute shortage of manpower in the organisation because it has not been allowed to employ its own staff.
All regular employees are drawn from different Haryana government departments and the organisation is struggling on the mercy of other departments, state Lokayukta, Justice (retd) Pritam Pal mentioned in the Lokayukta Haryana annual report for 2012-13.
The former Punjab and Haryana High Court Judge, pointed out that the Lokayukta`s office has been understaffed, since its inception.
"Resultantly, the staff crunch is an impediment for discharge of Lokayukta institution`s functions smoothly and expeditiously. This issue has been raised with the concerned authority (govt) time and again, but to no avail.
"I am constrained to observe that the scarcity of staff in Lokayukta organisation has not been removed. Thus, inadequate and posting of staff even less than the sanctioned posts, is the biggest road block in quick discharge of the functions of Lokayukta organisation given the quantum of cases and complaints," he lamented.
It was only yesterday that Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda referred the issue of some Congress MLAs and their relatives of demanding money in lieu of getting Change of Land Use done as alleged by the main opposition INLD, to the state Lokayukta.
In its report, the Lokayukta said the present system of borrowing employees on deputation from other state government departments needs to be amended and the institution should be given free hand in this respect.
The Lokayukta has also pointed out, it has been generally observed that as and when any complaint is forwarded to government departments for inquiry or reply, action is not taken within the stipulated time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video