Haryana LS poll nomination to commence from today
Chandigarh: The process of filing of nomination papers for the April 10 election to 10 Lok Sabha seats in Haryana will commence from tomorrow, the State Chief Electoral Officer said on Friday.
The filing of nomination will continue till March 22, scrutiny will take place the next day and withdrawal will take place on March 26 when the final picture of contestants will be known, Chief Electoral Officer Shrikant Walgad here said.
Walgad said that the filing of nominations would take place between 11 am and 3 pm before the respective Returning Officers of the constituencies.
He said that all contesting candidates (general category) would have to deposit the security amount of Rs 25,000 while the Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes candidates (even in general constituencies) would have to deposit half the amount (Rs 12,500).
About 1.55 crore voters, including 71 lakh women, would cast their votes at 16,129 polling stations, including 11,644 in rural areas, from 7 am to 6 pm on April 10, he said.
Around 75,000 polling staff, including 1,300 supervisory officers, would be put on poll duty in the state besides 66 Companies of Central Para Military Forces (CPMF) to be deployed for maintaining law and order.
Of the 10 Lok Sabha seats, at present Congress has nine MPs while Haryana Janhit Congress has one MP from the Hisar constituency.
The constituencies represented by Congress are Ambala (SC), Kurukshetra, Sirsa, Karnal, Sonipat, Rohtak, Bhiwani, Gurgaon and Faridabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what