Haryana LS poll nomination to commence from today
Chandigarh: The process of filing of nomination papers for the April 10 election to 10 Lok Sabha seats in Haryana will commence from tomorrow, the State Chief Electoral Officer said on Friday.
The filing of nomination will continue till March 22, scrutiny will take place the next day and withdrawal will take place on March 26 when the final picture of contestants will be known, Chief Electoral Officer Shrikant Walgad here said.
Walgad said that the filing of nominations would take place between 11 am and 3 pm before the respective Returning Officers of the constituencies.
He said that all contesting candidates (general category) would have to deposit the security amount of Rs 25,000 while the Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes candidates (even in general constituencies) would have to deposit half the amount (Rs 12,500).
About 1.55 crore voters, including 71 lakh women, would cast their votes at 16,129 polling stations, including 11,644 in rural areas, from 7 am to 6 pm on April 10, he said.
Around 75,000 polling staff, including 1,300 supervisory officers, would be put on poll duty in the state besides 66 Companies of Central Para Military Forces (CPMF) to be deployed for maintaining law and order.
Of the 10 Lok Sabha seats, at present Congress has nine MPs while Haryana Janhit Congress has one MP from the Hisar constituency.
The constituencies represented by Congress are Ambala (SC), Kurukshetra, Sirsa, Karnal, Sonipat, Rohtak, Bhiwani, Gurgaon and Faridabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof