Haryana LS poll nomination to commence from today
Chandigarh: The process of filing of nomination papers for the April 10 election to 10 Lok Sabha seats in Haryana will commence from tomorrow, the State Chief Electoral Officer said on Friday.
The filing of nomination will continue till March 22, scrutiny will take place the next day and withdrawal will take place on March 26 when the final picture of contestants will be known, Chief Electoral Officer Shrikant Walgad here said.
Walgad said that the filing of nominations would take place between 11 am and 3 pm before the respective Returning Officers of the constituencies.
He said that all contesting candidates (general category) would have to deposit the security amount of Rs 25,000 while the Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes candidates (even in general constituencies) would have to deposit half the amount (Rs 12,500).
About 1.55 crore voters, including 71 lakh women, would cast their votes at 16,129 polling stations, including 11,644 in rural areas, from 7 am to 6 pm on April 10, he said.
Around 75,000 polling staff, including 1,300 supervisory officers, would be put on poll duty in the state besides 66 Companies of Central Para Military Forces (CPMF) to be deployed for maintaining law and order.
Of the 10 Lok Sabha seats, at present Congress has nine MPs while Haryana Janhit Congress has one MP from the Hisar constituency.
The constituencies represented by Congress are Ambala (SC), Kurukshetra, Sirsa, Karnal, Sonipat, Rohtak, Bhiwani, Gurgaon and Faridabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!