Haryana pays interest to pensioners for delay
Chandigarh: Haryana government on Tuesday released over Rs 6.02 crore for the payment of pension to
more than one lakh people under various social security
schemes, an official spokesman said here.
The total amount also included interest at a rate of 4
per cent for the delayed payment of pension, he said.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had recently
ordered that the amount of pension, the payment of which got
delayed, be released to the beneficiaries along with interest
at the rate of savings bank account, he said.
The Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) scheme was
introduced to bring more transparency in distribution of
various social security pensions and to further facilitate the
beneficiaries, he said.
Out of 93,000 accounts integrated in the month of July
for 16 districts - Ambala, Bhiwani, Kaithal, Kurukshetra,
Karnal, Panipat, Sonepat, Faridabad, Rewari, Palwal, Mewat,
Narnaul, Panchkula, Sirsa, Fatehabad and Jind - under the EBT
scheme, 41,234 accounts were not paid pension for March 2011
and 59,631 for April 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened