Haryana pays interest to pensioners for delay
Chandigarh: Haryana government on Tuesday released over Rs 6.02 crore for the payment of pension to
more than one lakh people under various social security
schemes, an official spokesman said here.
The total amount also included interest at a rate of 4
per cent for the delayed payment of pension, he said.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had recently
ordered that the amount of pension, the payment of which got
delayed, be released to the beneficiaries along with interest
at the rate of savings bank account, he said.
The Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) scheme was
introduced to bring more transparency in distribution of
various social security pensions and to further facilitate the
beneficiaries, he said.
Out of 93,000 accounts integrated in the month of July
for 16 districts - Ambala, Bhiwani, Kaithal, Kurukshetra,
Karnal, Panipat, Sonepat, Faridabad, Rewari, Palwal, Mewat,
Narnaul, Panchkula, Sirsa, Fatehabad and Jind - under the EBT
scheme, 41,234 accounts were not paid pension for March 2011
and 59,631 for April 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!