Haryana PCB to give online NOCs to industries
Chandigarh: The Haryana State Pollution
Control Board would set up its offices at district level and
process online the NOC (No Objection Certificate) applications
from industries seeking environmental clearance.
Four new laboratories would also be set at Panipat,
Yamunanagar, Sonipat and Bahadurgarh. It has been decided to
strengthen and upgrade existing laboratories in the state, an
official release said here today.
With a view to provide more facilities to the
entrepreneurs, consent to operate grant of authorisation and
cess collection would be included within the ambit of online
services if process of the NOCs becomes a success.
The release said there is a major threat to environment
due to plastic carry bags and efforts were on to spread
awareness among the farmers against its hazards and those of
paddy straw and wheat stubble burning, it said.
The government had also issued a revised notification on
plastic carry bags by increasing their thickness from 30
microns to 40 microns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport