Haryana PCB to give online NOCs to industries
Chandigarh: The Haryana State Pollution
Control Board would set up its offices at district level and
process online the NOC (No Objection Certificate) applications
from industries seeking environmental clearance.
Four new laboratories would also be set at Panipat,
Yamunanagar, Sonipat and Bahadurgarh. It has been decided to
strengthen and upgrade existing laboratories in the state, an
official release said here today.
With a view to provide more facilities to the
entrepreneurs, consent to operate grant of authorisation and
cess collection would be included within the ambit of online
services if process of the NOCs becomes a success.
The release said there is a major threat to environment
due to plastic carry bags and efforts were on to spread
awareness among the farmers against its hazards and those of
paddy straw and wheat stubble burning, it said.
The government had also issued a revised notification on
plastic carry bags by increasing their thickness from 30
microns to 40 microns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'