Haryana PCB to give online NOCs to industries
Chandigarh: The Haryana State Pollution
Control Board would set up its offices at district level and
process online the NOC (No Objection Certificate) applications
from industries seeking environmental clearance.
Four new laboratories would also be set at Panipat,
Yamunanagar, Sonipat and Bahadurgarh. It has been decided to
strengthen and upgrade existing laboratories in the state, an
official release said here today.
With a view to provide more facilities to the
entrepreneurs, consent to operate grant of authorisation and
cess collection would be included within the ambit of online
services if process of the NOCs becomes a success.
The release said there is a major threat to environment
due to plastic carry bags and efforts were on to spread
awareness among the farmers against its hazards and those of
paddy straw and wheat stubble burning, it said.
The government had also issued a revised notification on
plastic carry bags by increasing their thickness from 30
microns to 40 microns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today