Haryana police to recruit 11,000 personnel in 2013
Chandigarh: Haryana Police on Sunday said it has decided to recruit a total of 11,000 more police personnel including 1,500 woman constables during the year 2013.
This was disclosed by Director General of Police S N Vashist in a press release issued here.
Vashist said, "We are going to increase the percentage of woman police personnel in the state (Haryana) upto 10 percent, which at present is 6.5 percent, higher than the national average of about four percent."
The police also plans to double the number of woman PCRs in the state so as to curb the crime, especially against the women in an effective manner, he said.
He said a lady Deputy Superintendent of Police or Inspector-level woman officer has been appointed as Nodal Officer in every district so as to ensure safety of women in the state.
The DGP said that orders have been issued to arrest criminals involved in crime against woman within 24 hours and charge-sheet for the same should be submitted in court within 30 days.
With a view to curb crime against women, he said that a committee comprising Deputy Commissioner, Superintendent of Police and District Attorney has been constituted at district level.
Similarly, a Committee of DGP and Home Secretary is functional at state level, he added.
Vashist said police is trying to bring corruption in government offices at zero tolerance level.
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System had been started in Ambala and Gurgaon and it would be implemented in the entire state in next six months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed