Haryana police to recruit 11,000 personnel in 2013
Chandigarh: Haryana Police on Sunday said it has decided to recruit a total of 11,000 more police personnel including 1,500 woman constables during the year 2013.
This was disclosed by Director General of Police S N Vashist in a press release issued here.
Vashist said, "We are going to increase the percentage of woman police personnel in the state (Haryana) upto 10 percent, which at present is 6.5 percent, higher than the national average of about four percent."
The police also plans to double the number of woman PCRs in the state so as to curb the crime, especially against the women in an effective manner, he said.
He said a lady Deputy Superintendent of Police or Inspector-level woman officer has been appointed as Nodal Officer in every district so as to ensure safety of women in the state.
The DGP said that orders have been issued to arrest criminals involved in crime against woman within 24 hours and charge-sheet for the same should be submitted in court within 30 days.
With a view to curb crime against women, he said that a committee comprising Deputy Commissioner, Superintendent of Police and District Attorney has been constituted at district level.
Similarly, a Committee of DGP and Home Secretary is functional at state level, he added.
Vashist said police is trying to bring corruption in government offices at zero tolerance level.
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System had been started in Ambala and Gurgaon and it would be implemented in the entire state in next six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir