Haryana police to recruit 11,000 personnel in 2013
Chandigarh: Haryana Police on Sunday said it has decided to recruit a total of 11,000 more police personnel including 1,500 woman constables during the year 2013.
This was disclosed by Director General of Police S N Vashist in a press release issued here.
Vashist said, "We are going to increase the percentage of woman police personnel in the state (Haryana) upto 10 percent, which at present is 6.5 percent, higher than the national average of about four percent."
The police also plans to double the number of woman PCRs in the state so as to curb the crime, especially against the women in an effective manner, he said.
He said a lady Deputy Superintendent of Police or Inspector-level woman officer has been appointed as Nodal Officer in every district so as to ensure safety of women in the state.
The DGP said that orders have been issued to arrest criminals involved in crime against woman within 24 hours and charge-sheet for the same should be submitted in court within 30 days.
With a view to curb crime against women, he said that a committee comprising Deputy Commissioner, Superintendent of Police and District Attorney has been constituted at district level.
Similarly, a Committee of DGP and Home Secretary is functional at state level, he added.
Vashist said police is trying to bring corruption in government offices at zero tolerance level.
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System had been started in Ambala and Gurgaon and it would be implemented in the entire state in next six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe