Haryana power deptt raids big defaulters` properties
Gurgaon: The Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN) on Friday raided the properties of big defaulters, including the state`s former power minister and the mayor of Gurgaon, an official said.
The ice factory of Gurgaon Mayor Vimal Yadav at Sector 18 here was raided by DHBVN and the power connection disconnected for non-payment of Rs 36 lakh.
The electricity connections of companies such as Jagjit Industries, Eastern Medikit, Bharti Cellular and Laxmi Industries were cut off for non-payment of their bills.
The electricity connection of Haryana`s former power minister Mahender Pratap Singh was also dismantled for non-payment of bills running into several lakhs of rupees.
The DHVBN was carrying out the raids as part of a special drive against major defaulters, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach