Haryana power deptt raids big defaulters` properties
Gurgaon: The Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN) on Friday raided the properties of big defaulters, including the state`s former power minister and the mayor of Gurgaon, an official said.
The ice factory of Gurgaon Mayor Vimal Yadav at Sector 18 here was raided by DHBVN and the power connection disconnected for non-payment of Rs 36 lakh.
The electricity connections of companies such as Jagjit Industries, Eastern Medikit, Bharti Cellular and Laxmi Industries were cut off for non-payment of their bills.
The electricity connection of Haryana`s former power minister Mahender Pratap Singh was also dismantled for non-payment of bills running into several lakhs of rupees.
The DHVBN was carrying out the raids as part of a special drive against major defaulters, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site