Haryana power deptt raids big defaulters` properties
Gurgaon: The Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (DHBVN) on Friday raided the properties of big defaulters, including the state`s former power minister and the mayor of Gurgaon, an official said.
The ice factory of Gurgaon Mayor Vimal Yadav at Sector 18 here was raided by DHBVN and the power connection disconnected for non-payment of Rs 36 lakh.
The electricity connections of companies such as Jagjit Industries, Eastern Medikit, Bharti Cellular and Laxmi Industries were cut off for non-payment of their bills.
The electricity connection of Haryana`s former power minister Mahender Pratap Singh was also dismantled for non-payment of bills running into several lakhs of rupees.
The DHVBN was carrying out the raids as part of a special drive against major defaulters, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi