Haryana rape victim to be admitted in Gurgaon hospital
Gurgaon: A rape victim who was shot at in Haryana more than two months ago will undergo treatment at the Medanta Medicity hospital here, police said Sunday.
The girl -- a student at a government college in Haryana`s Rewari district -- was raped and shot by the accused after she was abducted in a car while heading home.
"The incident happened Nov 3 on the Rewari-Narnaul road (at Naiwali Chowk)," a police official said.
The case came to light following the uproar over the gang-rape of a young woman in Delhi Dec 16 who later died. Police registered a case almost two months after the rape took place.
Deepak alias Monu, a resident of Delhi`s Sanjay Colony and a cousin of the victim, is the accused in the case.
"The Haryana government will bear all the expenses of her treatment. The bullet shot by the accused is still lying in her chest," Deputy Commissioner of Rewari C.G. Rajnikanthan told IANS.
"Experts are looking into her latest medical reports and she will be admitted to Medanta by Monday evening," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report