Haryana rape victim to be admitted in Gurgaon hospital
Gurgaon: A rape victim who was shot at in Haryana more than two months ago will undergo treatment at the Medanta Medicity hospital here, police said Sunday.
The girl -- a student at a government college in Haryana`s Rewari district -- was raped and shot by the accused after she was abducted in a car while heading home.
"The incident happened Nov 3 on the Rewari-Narnaul road (at Naiwali Chowk)," a police official said.
The case came to light following the uproar over the gang-rape of a young woman in Delhi Dec 16 who later died. Police registered a case almost two months after the rape took place.
Deepak alias Monu, a resident of Delhi`s Sanjay Colony and a cousin of the victim, is the accused in the case.
"The Haryana government will bear all the expenses of her treatment. The bullet shot by the accused is still lying in her chest," Deputy Commissioner of Rewari C.G. Rajnikanthan told IANS.
"Experts are looking into her latest medical reports and she will be admitted to Medanta by Monday evening," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown