Haryana rape victim to be admitted in Gurgaon hospital
Gurgaon: A rape victim who was shot at in Haryana more than two months ago will undergo treatment at the Medanta Medicity hospital here, police said Sunday.
The girl -- a student at a government college in Haryana`s Rewari district -- was raped and shot by the accused after she was abducted in a car while heading home.
"The incident happened Nov 3 on the Rewari-Narnaul road (at Naiwali Chowk)," a police official said.
The case came to light following the uproar over the gang-rape of a young woman in Delhi Dec 16 who later died. Police registered a case almost two months after the rape took place.
Deepak alias Monu, a resident of Delhi`s Sanjay Colony and a cousin of the victim, is the accused in the case.
"The Haryana government will bear all the expenses of her treatment. The bullet shot by the accused is still lying in her chest," Deputy Commissioner of Rewari C.G. Rajnikanthan told IANS.
"Experts are looking into her latest medical reports and she will be admitted to Medanta by Monday evening," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested