Haryana rape victim to be admitted in Gurgaon hospital
Gurgaon: A rape victim who was shot at in Haryana more than two months ago will undergo treatment at the Medanta Medicity hospital here, police said Sunday.
The girl -- a student at a government college in Haryana`s Rewari district -- was raped and shot by the accused after she was abducted in a car while heading home.
"The incident happened Nov 3 on the Rewari-Narnaul road (at Naiwali Chowk)," a police official said.
The case came to light following the uproar over the gang-rape of a young woman in Delhi Dec 16 who later died. Police registered a case almost two months after the rape took place.
Deepak alias Monu, a resident of Delhi`s Sanjay Colony and a cousin of the victim, is the accused in the case.
"The Haryana government will bear all the expenses of her treatment. The bullet shot by the accused is still lying in her chest," Deputy Commissioner of Rewari C.G. Rajnikanthan told IANS.
"Experts are looking into her latest medical reports and she will be admitted to Medanta by Monday evening," he added.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shocking! 7th Pay Commission recommends abolition of overtime for government employees
- VVIP chopper deal: BJP most welcome to make revelations, says Sonia Gandhi
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity