Haryana rape victim to be admitted in Gurgaon hospital
Gurgaon: A rape victim who was shot at in Haryana more than two months ago will undergo treatment at the Medanta Medicity hospital here, police said Sunday.
The girl -- a student at a government college in Haryana`s Rewari district -- was raped and shot by the accused after she was abducted in a car while heading home.
"The incident happened Nov 3 on the Rewari-Narnaul road (at Naiwali Chowk)," a police official said.
The case came to light following the uproar over the gang-rape of a young woman in Delhi Dec 16 who later died. Police registered a case almost two months after the rape took place.
Deepak alias Monu, a resident of Delhi`s Sanjay Colony and a cousin of the victim, is the accused in the case.
"The Haryana government will bear all the expenses of her treatment. The bullet shot by the accused is still lying in her chest," Deputy Commissioner of Rewari C.G. Rajnikanthan told IANS.
"Experts are looking into her latest medical reports and she will be admitted to Medanta by Monday evening," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco
- Brexit woe: Pound tumbles, most markets extend losses