Haryana reels under heat waves, Hisar hottest at 45 C
Chandigarh: Intense heat waves on Thursday swept across Haryana and Punjab, including Chandigarh, for the second day on Thursday, even as Hisar in Haryana recorded the maximum temperature at a high of 45 degrees Celsius.
According to local MeT office, Hisar sizzled at four degrees above normal maximum temperature today and was one degree hotter than yesterday.
Bhiwani also sizzled with the sun beating down since morning and the day temperature hovered at 43.4 degrees C, three notches above than normal.
Sweltering heat also swept across Karnal at 43 degrees C, up five notches while Ambala, too, had a hot day at 42.1 degrees C, four notches above the normal.
Residents of Chandigarh also braved yet another hot day at 41.5 degrees C, up four notches.
In Punjab, Patiala sizzled at 42.6 degrees C, up five degrees.
People of Amritsar and Ludhiana also braved the hot weather recording respective maximums of 42.8 degrees C and 42.5 degrees C, up by six notches each.
The MeT office has forecast thunderstorms with possibility of light rain at isolated places in the two states during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!