Haryana reels under heat waves, Hisar hottest at 45 C
Chandigarh: Intense heat waves on Thursday swept across Haryana and Punjab, including Chandigarh, for the second day on Thursday, even as Hisar in Haryana recorded the maximum temperature at a high of 45 degrees Celsius.
According to local MeT office, Hisar sizzled at four degrees above normal maximum temperature today and was one degree hotter than yesterday.
Bhiwani also sizzled with the sun beating down since morning and the day temperature hovered at 43.4 degrees C, three notches above than normal.
Sweltering heat also swept across Karnal at 43 degrees C, up five notches while Ambala, too, had a hot day at 42.1 degrees C, four notches above the normal.
Residents of Chandigarh also braved yet another hot day at 41.5 degrees C, up four notches.
In Punjab, Patiala sizzled at 42.6 degrees C, up five degrees.
People of Amritsar and Ludhiana also braved the hot weather recording respective maximums of 42.8 degrees C and 42.5 degrees C, up by six notches each.
The MeT office has forecast thunderstorms with possibility of light rain at isolated places in the two states during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre