Haryana rolls out EBT for Centre`s coaching scheme
Chandigarh: Haryana on Monday rolled out Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) scheme for Centre`s special coaching scheme for students of Hisar whereby they were paid using the Aadhaar system for the first time in the country.
The scheme was launched by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda at a function at IMT Manesar in Gurgaon district in the presence of Chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India Nandan Nilekani, an official release said.
The students were able to withdraw their scholarship amount through Aadhaar enabled micro ATMs just by providing their numbers and using their fingerprints.
Hooda also laid the foundation stone of Unique Identification Authority of India`s data centre at Manesar.
He said the data centre would serve as a central repository for UIDAI to store the residents` basic demographic and biometric information captured while issuing 12-digit Aadhaar number to each resident across India.
It will support application for enrolment and authentication services, he said.
Nilekani informed Hooda that the Data Centre would come up on five acres of land provided by the Haryana government and it would be a state-of-the-art, captive green data centre as per global standards and guidelines.
This will be most energy efficient data center in India and would be equipped to provide round-the-clock monitoring and operation support, he said. The data centre is expected to be completed by June, 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims