Haryana to reduce infant mortality rate
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has set a
target to reduce the Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) from current
43 per 1000 to 30 per 1000 and Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR)
from 162 per one lakh live births to 100 per one lakh live
births atleast by the year 2010.
Disclosing this here today, a spokesperson said that to
promote institutional deliveries among SC/ST families, the
government has implemented a novel scheme of providing an
assistance of Rs 1,500 to pregnant women belonging to SC/ST.
During the current financial year a provision of Rs six
crore had been made for the scheme under National Rural Health
Mission. Upto November, 2009 more than 32,000 SC/ST women had
benefited under the scheme, spokesperson added.
She said that the assistance under the scheme was given
in three instalments of Rs 500 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed