Haryana to reduce infant mortality rate
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has set a
target to reduce the Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) from current
43 per 1000 to 30 per 1000 and Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR)
from 162 per one lakh live births to 100 per one lakh live
births atleast by the year 2010.
Disclosing this here today, a spokesperson said that to
promote institutional deliveries among SC/ST families, the
government has implemented a novel scheme of providing an
assistance of Rs 1,500 to pregnant women belonging to SC/ST.
During the current financial year a provision of Rs six
crore had been made for the scheme under National Rural Health
Mission. Upto November, 2009 more than 32,000 SC/ST women had
benefited under the scheme, spokesperson added.
She said that the assistance under the scheme was given
in three instalments of Rs 500 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation