Haryana to set up science city at Rohtak
Chandigarh: Haryana government is planning
to set up science centres at various places in the state, an
official spokesman said on Friday.
A Science City in Rohtak, two centres of excellence at
Hisar and Murthal and a Science Park at Kaithal is in the
pipeline, the spokesman of Haryana Science and Technology
"A proposal to this effect has been submitted to the
Union Ministry of Culture and Haryana Government has earmarked
30 acres of Sampla Municipal Committee land for the purpose,"
The Science City at Sampla in Rohtak would cost Rs 50
crore and it would be set up in collaboration with the Culture
Ministry which will provide Rs 30 crore for the project, the
spokesman said, adding, the state govenment also plans to set
up a Science Park at Kaithal.
Out of the two centres of excellence, about Rs 2.34
crore will be allocated for Centre for Plant Biotechnology in
Hisar, and Rs 1 crore for Renewable Energy Test Centre to be
set up at Deen Bandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and
Technology in Murthal, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth