Haryana to set up science city at Rohtak
Chandigarh: Haryana government is planning
to set up science centres at various places in the state, an
official spokesman said on Friday.
A Science City in Rohtak, two centres of excellence at
Hisar and Murthal and a Science Park at Kaithal is in the
pipeline, the spokesman of Haryana Science and Technology
"A proposal to this effect has been submitted to the
Union Ministry of Culture and Haryana Government has earmarked
30 acres of Sampla Municipal Committee land for the purpose,"
The Science City at Sampla in Rohtak would cost Rs 50
crore and it would be set up in collaboration with the Culture
Ministry which will provide Rs 30 crore for the project, the
spokesman said, adding, the state govenment also plans to set
up a Science Park at Kaithal.
Out of the two centres of excellence, about Rs 2.34
crore will be allocated for Centre for Plant Biotechnology in
Hisar, and Rs 1 crore for Renewable Energy Test Centre to be
set up at Deen Bandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and
Technology in Murthal, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon