Haryana to set up science city at Rohtak
Chandigarh: Haryana government is planning
to set up science centres at various places in the state, an
official spokesman said on Friday.
A Science City in Rohtak, two centres of excellence at
Hisar and Murthal and a Science Park at Kaithal is in the
pipeline, the spokesman of Haryana Science and Technology
"A proposal to this effect has been submitted to the
Union Ministry of Culture and Haryana Government has earmarked
30 acres of Sampla Municipal Committee land for the purpose,"
The Science City at Sampla in Rohtak would cost Rs 50
crore and it would be set up in collaboration with the Culture
Ministry which will provide Rs 30 crore for the project, the
spokesman said, adding, the state govenment also plans to set
up a Science Park at Kaithal.
Out of the two centres of excellence, about Rs 2.34
crore will be allocated for Centre for Plant Biotechnology in
Hisar, and Rs 1 crore for Renewable Energy Test Centre to be
set up at Deen Bandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and
Technology in Murthal, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa