Hooda writes to Railway minister
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda today urged Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi to start a new Shatabdi train between New Delhi and Ludhiana. In the semi-official letter addressed to the Railway Minister, Hooda said, "Ludhiana is a big business centre and there are several big industries and Central government installations."
"Thousands of persons commute daily to New Delhi in connection with their business and other purposes... There is no other fast train to facilitate the daily passengers," he said, adding, "There is a genuine need and demand of the people that a new Shatabdi train from New Delhi to Ludhiana should be launched."
He pointed out that fact that there are other Shatabdi’s to Chandigarh and Amritsar that pass only through Panipat-Ambala route and there is no fast train plying on this route via Rohtak.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know