Hooda writes to Railway minister
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda today urged Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi to start a new Shatabdi train between New Delhi and Ludhiana. In the semi-official letter addressed to the Railway Minister, Hooda said, "Ludhiana is a big business centre and there are several big industries and Central government installations."
"Thousands of persons commute daily to New Delhi in connection with their business and other purposes... There is no other fast train to facilitate the daily passengers," he said, adding, "There is a genuine need and demand of the people that a new Shatabdi train from New Delhi to Ludhiana should be launched."
He pointed out that fact that there are other Shatabdi’s to Chandigarh and Amritsar that pass only through Panipat-Ambala route and there is no fast train plying on this route via Rohtak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez