I am not winning because of Anna: Bishnoi
Hisar (Haryana): As he raced towards victory in the Hisar Lok Sabha by-election, Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) candidate Kuldeep Bishnoi said Monday that he owed nothing to Team Anna.
"I attribute it only to my father and the (alliance with) BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party)," Bishnoi told reporters here, as officials placed him on the victory lap over his nearest rival.
My father has done a lot for Hisar and Haryana, he said, adding the contest was only between him and INLD’s Ajay Chautala.
By the time Team Anna began campaigning in Hisar against the Congress for its refusal to back the Jan Lokpal Bill, people had decided to vote for him, he said.
He further stated that Team Anna was not supporting him, but was only against Congress.
Bishnoi, son of former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal, added that he respected anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare and would vote for the Jan Lokpal Bill in Parliament.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video