I am not winning because of Anna: Bishnoi
Hisar (Haryana): As he raced towards victory in the Hisar Lok Sabha by-election, Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) candidate Kuldeep Bishnoi said Monday that he owed nothing to Team Anna.
"I attribute it only to my father and the (alliance with) BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party)," Bishnoi told reporters here, as officials placed him on the victory lap over his nearest rival.
My father has done a lot for Hisar and Haryana, he said, adding the contest was only between him and INLD’s Ajay Chautala.
By the time Team Anna began campaigning in Hisar against the Congress for its refusal to back the Jan Lokpal Bill, people had decided to vote for him, he said.
He further stated that Team Anna was not supporting him, but was only against Congress.
Bishnoi, son of former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal, added that he respected anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare and would vote for the Jan Lokpal Bill in Parliament.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what