IAF sergeant kills wife, attempts suicide
Ambala: An Air Force sergeant allegedly stabbed his wife to death and tried to kill himself by jumping before a train at Ambala Cantt railway station.
The Air Force official, Anil, was living with his wife and two daughters in Air Force quarters near Khadga cinema here, police said.
Last night, neighbours heard the couple quarrelling but nobody took it seriously, one of the neighbours told police today.
He told the police that when Anil left his quarter on his motorcycle the neighbours grew suspicious and barged into the house.
They found his wife Reeta in a pool of blood and informed the police.
Meanwhile, the IAF official was caught by people at Ambala Cantt while he was trying to jump before a moving train.
He was admitted to civil hospital here.
The couple`s children were not present at the house as they had gone to a relative`s house near Ambala Cantt railway station, police said.
Reeta was declared brought dead at hospital.
A case has been registered and further probe was on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing