IAF sergeant kills wife, attempts suicide
Ambala: An Air Force sergeant allegedly stabbed his wife to death and tried to kill himself by jumping before a train at Ambala Cantt railway station.
The Air Force official, Anil, was living with his wife and two daughters in Air Force quarters near Khadga cinema here, police said.
Last night, neighbours heard the couple quarrelling but nobody took it seriously, one of the neighbours told police today.
He told the police that when Anil left his quarter on his motorcycle the neighbours grew suspicious and barged into the house.
They found his wife Reeta in a pool of blood and informed the police.
Meanwhile, the IAF official was caught by people at Ambala Cantt while he was trying to jump before a moving train.
He was admitted to civil hospital here.
The couple`s children were not present at the house as they had gone to a relative`s house near Ambala Cantt railway station, police said.
Reeta was declared brought dead at hospital.
A case has been registered and further probe was on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley