Kidnapped girl found, family alleges gangrape
Jind (Haryana): A six-year-old girl, who was kidnapped from the local Ramlila Grounds by some unidentified persons, has been found, with the victim`s family alleging that she was gangraped.
The girl, a daughter of a labourer, had been missing since Sunday night, and was found abandoned near Devi Lal Chowk on Tuesday, police said.
Police have so far registered a case of kidnapping against unidentified persons, but the girl`s family and some persons belonging to their community have alleged that she was gangraped.
They have demanded that a case of rape be registered against the unidentified persons involved in her kidnapping.
They met Deputy Superintendent of Police, Jind, Amrik Singh to press their demand and threatened to start an agitation if their demand was not met within three days.
A medical examination of the girl was conducted by a team of doctors and the report is awaited, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him