Kidnapped girl found, family alleges gangrape
Jind (Haryana): A six-year-old girl, who was kidnapped from the local Ramlila Grounds by some unidentified persons, has been found, with the victim`s family alleging that she was gangraped.
The girl, a daughter of a labourer, had been missing since Sunday night, and was found abandoned near Devi Lal Chowk on Tuesday, police said.
Police have so far registered a case of kidnapping against unidentified persons, but the girl`s family and some persons belonging to their community have alleged that she was gangraped.
They have demanded that a case of rape be registered against the unidentified persons involved in her kidnapping.
They met Deputy Superintendent of Police, Jind, Amrik Singh to press their demand and threatened to start an agitation if their demand was not met within three days.
A medical examination of the girl was conducted by a team of doctors and the report is awaited, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video