Kidnapped girl found, family alleges gangrape
Jind (Haryana): A six-year-old girl, who was kidnapped from the local Ramlila Grounds by some unidentified persons, has been found, with the victim`s family alleging that she was gangraped.
The girl, a daughter of a labourer, had been missing since Sunday night, and was found abandoned near Devi Lal Chowk on Tuesday, police said.
Police have so far registered a case of kidnapping against unidentified persons, but the girl`s family and some persons belonging to their community have alleged that she was gangraped.
They have demanded that a case of rape be registered against the unidentified persons involved in her kidnapping.
They met Deputy Superintendent of Police, Jind, Amrik Singh to press their demand and threatened to start an agitation if their demand was not met within three days.
A medical examination of the girl was conducted by a team of doctors and the report is awaited, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees