Lawlessness in Cong-ruled states: Chautala
Chandigarh: Indian National Lok Dal chief Om Prakash Chautala on Saturday said lawlessness was growing in Congress-ruled states and the attack on his party`s Delhi unit chief was an example of this.
"There is complete breakdown of law and order machinery in Congress ruled states, whether it is Delhi or Haryana...If a legislator is not safe, one can only imagine what would be the plight of ordinary citizens," he said.
The former Haryana chief minister demanded immediate arrest of the culprits and exemplary punishment to them.
INLD MLA Bharat Singh was shot at this morning in south-west Delhi by unknown assailants with police suspecting it to be a case of personal rivalry.
Singh was chased and shot at inside his office in Najafgarh`s Sarangpur village at around 8:30 am by the attackers who were waiting for him. Dharampal, who is said to be Singh`s uncle, also suffered bullet injuries.
Both Singh and Dharampal were rushed to Mata Chanan Devi Hospital.
The 35-year-old Najafgarh MLA was appointed as Delhi unit chief of INLD after the party`s unit was re-constituted in March.
Singh is the brother of MCD councillor Krishan Pahalwan against whom there are several criminal cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!