No power shortage during summers, assures Hooda
Rohtak: People in Haryana may be saved from erratic power outages this summer, with Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Saturday assuring that there will be no electricity crisis in the state during the season.
"There will be no power shortage this summer. The state is self sufficient in power," Hooda told reporters here.
The chief minister said all power plants in Haryana are running with their full capacity and have sufficient stock of coal available with them.
Hooda said efforts are also being made to generate power through other sources like nuclear, gas, hydro power and other non-conventional means.
Apart from the existing power plants at Jharli and Jhajjar, two additional units of 660 MW capacity each will also be set up there.
Hooda said that he has written a letter to the Centre for providing bonus to farmers on procurement of wheat.
When asked about the Pabnava incident in Kithal district, where a number of Dalit families were reportedly attacked over alleged elopement of an upper-class girl, Hooda said his government will not allow anybody to take law in their hands.
On the issue of suicide by four members of a Dalit family in Hisar district, Hooda said a magisterial inquiry into the matter has already been ordered.
Raking up the issue, opposition INLD has alleged the family was harassed by police after the of a girl member and her subsequent disappearance under mysterious circumstances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!