No verification of BPL cards for flat allotment in Haryana
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has decided to do away with the practice of verifying the Below Poverty Line cards for allotment of land or flats earmarked for Economically Weaker Sections in licenced colonies.
Announcing this here today, a spokesman of the Haryana Town and Country Planning Department said after the draw of lots, successful candidates would be asked to furnish an affidavit stating that in case his or her name did not figure in the BPL list on the date of the draw of lot, the allotment would be cancelled and the entire deposit amount would be forfeited.
The spokesperson said the decision was taken as it was observed that the provisions of the policy to verify the BPL cards were not being followed in letter and spirit.
The list of all BPL candidates successful in the draw of lots is sent to the district administration for verification of their BPL status, but inaction on their part cause inordinate delay in allotment of flats which defeated the objective of the policy, he said.
It has been decided that in cases where draw of lots for EWS plots or flats have already taken place and the list is pending with the district administration for verification of the BPL status of the allotees, the allotment letter might be issued to successful candidates after intimation to the district administration, the spokesperson said.
He said a communication to this effect has been sent to all senior town planners and district town planners in the state. All Deputy Commissioners too have been informed about the decision, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!