Cold conditions abate Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions Thursday abated at many places in Punjab and Haryana as minimum temperatures rose by a couple of notches above normal.
Chandigarh registered a low of 9.9 deg C, two above normal, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Ambala recorded a low of 9.8 deg C, up one notch, while Hisar`s low settled at 8.2 deg C.
Bhiwani registered a low of 8.2 deg C, up one notch, but Karnal experienced a cold night at 7.2 deg, two degrees below normal.
Amritsar, where cold wave conditions had been persisting during the past few days, also registered an increase in minimum today, which settled at 8 deg C, up two notches.
Ludhiana`s low also rose since yesterday to settle at 11.9 deg C, up two degrees, while Patiala`s minimum at 10 deg C was one degree above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi