Cold conditions abate Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions Thursday abated at many places in Punjab and Haryana as minimum temperatures rose by a couple of notches above normal.
Chandigarh registered a low of 9.9 deg C, two above normal, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Ambala recorded a low of 9.8 deg C, up one notch, while Hisar`s low settled at 8.2 deg C.
Bhiwani registered a low of 8.2 deg C, up one notch, but Karnal experienced a cold night at 7.2 deg, two degrees below normal.
Amritsar, where cold wave conditions had been persisting during the past few days, also registered an increase in minimum today, which settled at 8 deg C, up two notches.
Ludhiana`s low also rose since yesterday to settle at 11.9 deg C, up two degrees, while Patiala`s minimum at 10 deg C was one degree above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena