Cold conditions abate Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions Thursday abated at many places in Punjab and Haryana as minimum temperatures rose by a couple of notches above normal.
Chandigarh registered a low of 9.9 deg C, two above normal, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Ambala recorded a low of 9.8 deg C, up one notch, while Hisar`s low settled at 8.2 deg C.
Bhiwani registered a low of 8.2 deg C, up one notch, but Karnal experienced a cold night at 7.2 deg, two degrees below normal.
Amritsar, where cold wave conditions had been persisting during the past few days, also registered an increase in minimum today, which settled at 8 deg C, up two notches.
Ludhiana`s low also rose since yesterday to settle at 11.9 deg C, up two degrees, while Patiala`s minimum at 10 deg C was one degree above normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves