Over 39.45 lakh tonnes paddy arrived in Haryana so far
Chandigarh: Over 39.45 lakh tonnes (LT) of paddy has arrived in Haryana in the kharif marketing season so far this year against 33.46 LT in the corresponding period last fiscal.
Out of the total arrival of paddy, maximum quantity arrived in district Kurukshetra (8.52 LT) followed by Karnal (7.88 LT) and district Kaithal (5.94 LT), state`s Food and Supplies Department spokesman said here today.
He said out of the total arrival of paddy, six government agencies had so far procured over 34.84 LT of paddy whereas the remaining quantity was procured by the millers.
The spokesman said over 13.94 LT has been procured by Food and Supplies Department whereas HAFED has purchased more than 10.71 LT, Haryana Agro Industries Corporation over 5.31 LT, while the Food Corporation of India has procured 3,128 tonnes of paddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border