Over 39.45 lakh tonnes paddy arrived in Haryana so far
Chandigarh: Over 39.45 lakh tonnes (LT) of paddy has arrived in Haryana in the kharif marketing season so far this year against 33.46 LT in the corresponding period last fiscal.
Out of the total arrival of paddy, maximum quantity arrived in district Kurukshetra (8.52 LT) followed by Karnal (7.88 LT) and district Kaithal (5.94 LT), state`s Food and Supplies Department spokesman said here today.
He said out of the total arrival of paddy, six government agencies had so far procured over 34.84 LT of paddy whereas the remaining quantity was procured by the millers.
The spokesman said over 13.94 LT has been procured by Food and Supplies Department whereas HAFED has purchased more than 10.71 LT, Haryana Agro Industries Corporation over 5.31 LT, while the Food Corporation of India has procured 3,128 tonnes of paddy.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'
- House of Representative Speaker Paul Ryan invites PM Modi to address joint meeting of US Congress
- Ramdev sees 'Indianess' in Priyanka, finds Sonia a 'staunch Catholic'; wants Rahul to be strong
- Who were four Indian Prime Ministers who addressed US Congress before Modi