Over 39.45 lakh tonnes paddy arrived in Haryana so far
Chandigarh: Over 39.45 lakh tonnes (LT) of paddy has arrived in Haryana in the kharif marketing season so far this year against 33.46 LT in the corresponding period last fiscal.
Out of the total arrival of paddy, maximum quantity arrived in district Kurukshetra (8.52 LT) followed by Karnal (7.88 LT) and district Kaithal (5.94 LT), state`s Food and Supplies Department spokesman said here today.
He said out of the total arrival of paddy, six government agencies had so far procured over 34.84 LT of paddy whereas the remaining quantity was procured by the millers.
The spokesman said over 13.94 LT has been procured by Food and Supplies Department whereas HAFED has purchased more than 10.71 LT, Haryana Agro Industries Corporation over 5.31 LT, while the Food Corporation of India has procured 3,128 tonnes of paddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman