Over 39.45 lakh tonnes paddy arrived in Haryana so far
Chandigarh: Over 39.45 lakh tonnes (LT) of paddy has arrived in Haryana in the kharif marketing season so far this year against 33.46 LT in the corresponding period last fiscal.
Out of the total arrival of paddy, maximum quantity arrived in district Kurukshetra (8.52 LT) followed by Karnal (7.88 LT) and district Kaithal (5.94 LT), state`s Food and Supplies Department spokesman said here today.
He said out of the total arrival of paddy, six government agencies had so far procured over 34.84 LT of paddy whereas the remaining quantity was procured by the millers.
The spokesman said over 13.94 LT has been procured by Food and Supplies Department whereas HAFED has purchased more than 10.71 LT, Haryana Agro Industries Corporation over 5.31 LT, while the Food Corporation of India has procured 3,128 tonnes of paddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi