Six arrested in Jhajjar
Rohtak: Police on Tuesday arrested six persons, with criminal antecedents, after two separate shootout incidents in Jhajjar district.
Aman, Arjun, Pradeep, Sachin alias Bhola, Sumit and Yogesh were arrested while they were planning to murder two persons, a police spokesman said.
"The first shootout occurred in the fields of Badli village where Amar, Arjun and their accomplice Neeraj started indiscriminate firing upon the police party which had gone there to arrest them," the spokesman said.
Amar and Arjun were nabbed while Neeraj managed to flee from the spot under the cover of darkness, he said.
In the second shootout near Jakhoda village in the wee hours today, police team succeeded to arrest Pradeep, Sachin, Sumit and Yogesh, whereas their three accomplices managed to escape, the spokesman said.
A car, two motor-cycles, a pistol, four countrymade guns and a dozen live cartridges were recovered from the possession of the arrested persons.
"They were produced in court, which sent them to judicial custody," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?