Six arrested in Jhajjar
Rohtak: Police on Tuesday arrested six persons, with criminal antecedents, after two separate shootout incidents in Jhajjar district.
Aman, Arjun, Pradeep, Sachin alias Bhola, Sumit and Yogesh were arrested while they were planning to murder two persons, a police spokesman said.
"The first shootout occurred in the fields of Badli village where Amar, Arjun and their accomplice Neeraj started indiscriminate firing upon the police party which had gone there to arrest them," the spokesman said.
Amar and Arjun were nabbed while Neeraj managed to flee from the spot under the cover of darkness, he said.
In the second shootout near Jakhoda village in the wee hours today, police team succeeded to arrest Pradeep, Sachin, Sumit and Yogesh, whereas their three accomplices managed to escape, the spokesman said.
A car, two motor-cycles, a pistol, four countrymade guns and a dozen live cartridges were recovered from the possession of the arrested persons.
"They were produced in court, which sent them to judicial custody," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30