Six arrested in Jhajjar
Rohtak: Police on Tuesday arrested six persons, with criminal antecedents, after two separate shootout incidents in Jhajjar district.
Aman, Arjun, Pradeep, Sachin alias Bhola, Sumit and Yogesh were arrested while they were planning to murder two persons, a police spokesman said.
"The first shootout occurred in the fields of Badli village where Amar, Arjun and their accomplice Neeraj started indiscriminate firing upon the police party which had gone there to arrest them," the spokesman said.
Amar and Arjun were nabbed while Neeraj managed to flee from the spot under the cover of darkness, he said.
In the second shootout near Jakhoda village in the wee hours today, police team succeeded to arrest Pradeep, Sachin, Sumit and Yogesh, whereas their three accomplices managed to escape, the spokesman said.
A car, two motor-cycles, a pistol, four countrymade guns and a dozen live cartridges were recovered from the possession of the arrested persons.
"They were produced in court, which sent them to judicial custody," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'