Six arrested in Jhajjar
Rohtak: Police on Tuesday arrested six persons, with criminal antecedents, after two separate shootout incidents in Jhajjar district.
Aman, Arjun, Pradeep, Sachin alias Bhola, Sumit and Yogesh were arrested while they were planning to murder two persons, a police spokesman said.
"The first shootout occurred in the fields of Badli village where Amar, Arjun and their accomplice Neeraj started indiscriminate firing upon the police party which had gone there to arrest them," the spokesman said.
Amar and Arjun were nabbed while Neeraj managed to flee from the spot under the cover of darkness, he said.
In the second shootout near Jakhoda village in the wee hours today, police team succeeded to arrest Pradeep, Sachin, Sumit and Yogesh, whereas their three accomplices managed to escape, the spokesman said.
A car, two motor-cycles, a pistol, four countrymade guns and a dozen live cartridges were recovered from the possession of the arrested persons.
"They were produced in court, which sent them to judicial custody," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'