Six arrested in Jhajjar
Rohtak: Police on Tuesday arrested six persons, with criminal antecedents, after two separate shootout incidents in Jhajjar district.
Aman, Arjun, Pradeep, Sachin alias Bhola, Sumit and Yogesh were arrested while they were planning to murder two persons, a police spokesman said.
"The first shootout occurred in the fields of Badli village where Amar, Arjun and their accomplice Neeraj started indiscriminate firing upon the police party which had gone there to arrest them," the spokesman said.
Amar and Arjun were nabbed while Neeraj managed to flee from the spot under the cover of darkness, he said.
In the second shootout near Jakhoda village in the wee hours today, police team succeeded to arrest Pradeep, Sachin, Sumit and Yogesh, whereas their three accomplices managed to escape, the spokesman said.
A car, two motor-cycles, a pistol, four countrymade guns and a dozen live cartridges were recovered from the possession of the arrested persons.
"They were produced in court, which sent them to judicial custody," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read