Sonepat to be developed as satellite town of Delhi: Hooda
Sonepat: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Saturday said the state government would spend about
Rs 100 crore to develop Sonepat, adjoining Delhi, on the
pattern of a satellite city.
Hooda said a corridor would be developed along
Kundli-Manesar-Palwal Expressway to ensure planned development
of the area and provide employment opportunities to the
people, an official release said.
He was speaking after seeing for himself the construction
of 135.65 km long Kundli-Manesar-Palwal Expressway near here.
He said that out of plan budget of the current financial
year, Rs 11,500 crore have been earmarked for all round
development of the state.
He said that while developing Sonepat as a satellite town
of Delhi, a bye-pass, solid waste management project and
municipal shopping centre would be developed.
During his visit to the Expressway at Manesar, Hooda
pulled up the Concessionaire, D.S. Construction Company for
the delay in its completion.
He directed them to expedite the work and also ordered the
senior officers of the government as well as the district
administration to keep on inspecting the work from time to
time and send the progress report to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!