Two killed, 12 injured as five vehicles collide
Sonepat: In a multiple collision involving five vehicles, two persons were killed and at least 12 persons, including three women, were injured, nine of them seriously.
The incident occurred on the Sonepat-Meerut inter-state highway near Palri village, about 15 km from here yesterday, police said.
The injured persons were rushed to the local civil hospital from where nine were later referred to the PGIMS hospital at Rohtak for further treatment.
The bodies of the victims were sent for the postmortem examination.
Police said the accident occurred when a car driver coming from Uttar Pradesh side on its way to Sonepat tried to overtake another car near Palri village resulting in the collision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video