Two killed, 12 injured as five vehicles collide
Sonepat: In a multiple collision involving five vehicles, two persons were killed and at least 12 persons, including three women, were injured, nine of them seriously.
The incident occurred on the Sonepat-Meerut inter-state highway near Palri village, about 15 km from here yesterday, police said.
The injured persons were rushed to the local civil hospital from where nine were later referred to the PGIMS hospital at Rohtak for further treatment.
The bodies of the victims were sent for the postmortem examination.
Police said the accident occurred when a car driver coming from Uttar Pradesh side on its way to Sonepat tried to overtake another car near Palri village resulting in the collision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO