Two killed, 12 injured as five vehicles collide
Sonepat: In a multiple collision involving five vehicles, two persons were killed and at least 12 persons, including three women, were injured, nine of them seriously.
The incident occurred on the Sonepat-Meerut inter-state highway near Palri village, about 15 km from here yesterday, police said.
The injured persons were rushed to the local civil hospital from where nine were later referred to the PGIMS hospital at Rohtak for further treatment.
The bodies of the victims were sent for the postmortem examination.
Police said the accident occurred when a car driver coming from Uttar Pradesh side on its way to Sonepat tried to overtake another car near Palri village resulting in the collision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside
- Aprilia SR 150 to be launched at Rs 65,000; book via PayTM, get 100% cashback on booking amount