Two killed, 12 injured as five vehicles collide
Sonepat: In a multiple collision involving five vehicles, two persons were killed and at least 12 persons, including three women, were injured, nine of them seriously.
The incident occurred on the Sonepat-Meerut inter-state highway near Palri village, about 15 km from here yesterday, police said.
The injured persons were rushed to the local civil hospital from where nine were later referred to the PGIMS hospital at Rohtak for further treatment.
The bodies of the victims were sent for the postmortem examination.
Police said the accident occurred when a car driver coming from Uttar Pradesh side on its way to Sonepat tried to overtake another car near Palri village resulting in the collision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption