Villagers block Delhi-Jaipur highway after accident
Gurgaon: Angry villagers on Friday blocked the Delhi-Jaipur National Highway for several hours following the death of a villager in an accident, said police.
Villagers from Nakhraula, Rampura and other villages blocked traffic on Delhi-Jaipur highway after the death of a two-wheeler rider who hailed from the area.
"Traffic was blocked near the 44 kilometre (point) after a road accident in which a person died on the spot," a senior police officer told a news agency.
The blockade caused a massive traffic jam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city