Villagers block Delhi-Jaipur highway after accident
Gurgaon: Angry villagers on Friday blocked the Delhi-Jaipur National Highway for several hours following the death of a villager in an accident, said police.
Villagers from Nakhraula, Rampura and other villages blocked traffic on Delhi-Jaipur highway after the death of a two-wheeler rider who hailed from the area.
"Traffic was blocked near the 44 kilometre (point) after a road accident in which a person died on the spot," a senior police officer told a news agency.
The blockade caused a massive traffic jam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption