Villagers block Delhi-Jaipur highway after accident
Gurgaon: Angry villagers on Friday blocked the Delhi-Jaipur National Highway for several hours following the death of a villager in an accident, said police.
Villagers from Nakhraula, Rampura and other villages blocked traffic on Delhi-Jaipur highway after the death of a two-wheeler rider who hailed from the area.
"Traffic was blocked near the 44 kilometre (point) after a road accident in which a person died on the spot," a senior police officer told a news agency.
The blockade caused a massive traffic jam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!