Crib death toll in Malda hospital mounts to 21
Malda (WB): With six more infants dying in the Malda Medical College and Hospital here, the number of crib deaths went up to 21 in past five days, officials said today.
Hospital Superintendent-cum-Medical College Vice-principal M A Rashid informed that the infants who died today had similar symptoms of low birth weight and respiratory problems as was the case with others.
While seven infants died on Saturday, five died on Sunday last. Three other crib deaths took place on Monday, while six have died since yesterday, hospital sources said.
Meanwhile, a seven-member medical team comprising experts from Centre, state and UNICEF visited the paediatrics department, labour room and neo-natal units today and heard from the hospital staff.
The government hospital was in the news for the death of 23 infants due to an unspecified illness in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail