Lupin receives USFDA nod for Rifampin Capsules
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Pharma major Lupin Limited Friday announced that its US-based subsidiary Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc has got approval from the US health regulator to sell a generic version of Sanofi Aventis’ Rifadin capsules, used to treat tuberculosis, in the American market.
Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc has received final approval from US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for its Rifampin Capsules in 150 mg and 300 mg strengths, Lupin Ltd said in a statement.
Rifampin Capsules are indicated for the treatment of all forms of tuberculosis, and for the treatment of asymptomatic carriers of Neisseria meningitidis to eradicate meningococci from the nasopharynx.
Rifadin Capsules had annual US sales of around USD 18.5 million, according to the IMS sales data.
“Lupin is one of the pioneers in the fight against Tuberculosis and holds global leadership positions in the Anti-TB segment,” the Mumbai-based firm said.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi