Lupin receives USFDA nod for Rifampin Capsules
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Pharma major Lupin Limited Friday announced that its US-based subsidiary Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc has got approval from the US health regulator to sell a generic version of Sanofi Aventis’ Rifadin capsules, used to treat tuberculosis, in the American market.
Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc has received final approval from US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for its Rifampin Capsules in 150 mg and 300 mg strengths, Lupin Ltd said in a statement.
Rifampin Capsules are indicated for the treatment of all forms of tuberculosis, and for the treatment of asymptomatic carriers of Neisseria meningitidis to eradicate meningococci from the nasopharynx.
Rifadin Capsules had annual US sales of around USD 18.5 million, according to the IMS sales data.
“Lupin is one of the pioneers in the fight against Tuberculosis and holds global leadership positions in the Anti-TB segment,” the Mumbai-based firm said.
With PTI inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video