920 cases of swine flu reported this year
New Delhi: Admitting that cases of pandemic influenza-A H1N1 have re-surfaced in States of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu, the Government said a total of 920 cases, including 57 deaths, had been reported across the country this year till April 18.
Replying to a question in the Rajya Sabha on cases of swine flu resurfacing in some parts of the country, the Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Mr Ghulam Nabi Azad, said an advisory has been sent to all States and UTs to gear up the state machinery for screening and isolation facilities including critical care.
States/UTs have also been advised to follow guidelines on triage, categorisation and testing of patients, he said, adding 45 laboratories (26 in government sector and 19 in private sector) have the capability to test samples for H1N1 and adequate stock of Oseltamivir, the antiviral drug, is available.
Maximum number of cases
The Minister said Maharashtra accounted for the maximum number of 463 cases and 20 deaths, while Andhra Pradesh reported 112 cases and 12 deaths and Rajasthan had 107 cases with 12 deaths, followed by Karnataka where 164 cases were reported, including eight deaths.
Delhi had reported seven cases but no death while Gujarat had reported six cases with two deaths and Haryana reported only two cases and Kerala reported three cases.
Tamil Nadu reported 54 cases with two deaths and Madhya Pradesh reported one case and one death while Punjab reported one case with no death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Three Naxals shot dead by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- Drug that helps addicts may benefit cancer patients too
- Come clean by September 30: FM Arun Jaitley to black money holders