30 die of encephalitis in north Bengal
Jalpaiguri: Thirty people died due to encephalitis in the past ten days at North Bengal Medical College and Hospital, a top official said today.
"Thirty patients died of encephalitis here in the last ten days. More than a hundred people hailing from the districts of North Bengal were admitted with symptoms of encephalitis during this time," Dr Amarendranath Sarkar, Superintendent of North Bengal Medical College and Hospital, said.
Most of the patients came from Jalpaiguri district and some others from Darjeeling, Cooch Behar and North Dinajpur districts, he said.
They were admitted with high fever and other symptoms of encephalitis, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you