30 die of encephalitis in north Bengal
Jalpaiguri: Thirty people died due to encephalitis in the past ten days at North Bengal Medical College and Hospital, a top official said today.
"Thirty patients died of encephalitis here in the last ten days. More than a hundred people hailing from the districts of North Bengal were admitted with symptoms of encephalitis during this time," Dr Amarendranath Sarkar, Superintendent of North Bengal Medical College and Hospital, said.
Most of the patients came from Jalpaiguri district and some others from Darjeeling, Cooch Behar and North Dinajpur districts, he said.
They were admitted with high fever and other symptoms of encephalitis, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman