30 die of encephalitis in north Bengal
Jalpaiguri: Thirty people died due to encephalitis in the past ten days at North Bengal Medical College and Hospital, a top official said today.
"Thirty patients died of encephalitis here in the last ten days. More than a hundred people hailing from the districts of North Bengal were admitted with symptoms of encephalitis during this time," Dr Amarendranath Sarkar, Superintendent of North Bengal Medical College and Hospital, said.
Most of the patients came from Jalpaiguri district and some others from Darjeeling, Cooch Behar and North Dinajpur districts, he said.
They were admitted with high fever and other symptoms of encephalitis, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH