71 dengue cases in Delhi this week
New Delhi: A total of 71 cases of dengue have been reported from across the capital this week alone, officials said Friday.
Expressing deep concern at the high number of cases, Delhi Health Minister A.K. Walia directed health officers to effectively contain the spread of the disease.
He warned that any dereliction of duty in effectively implementing anti-dengue measures would lead to strict disciplinary action against the defaulting officials.
Walia said it was a matter of concern that as compared to 13 in 2012 and 84 in 2011, this year, as many as 226 cases of dengue have been reported across Delhi till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says