Brain training improves thinking, wellbeing
Washington: The brain benefits from training, which includes online games, says an expert.
Games within the domains of thinking, emotion, feeling and self-regulation were found to have beneficial effects in improving measured scores, said Dr. Evian Gordon of Brain Resource.
Brain Resource is an organization that over a two and a half year period used a "naturalistic study design" to analyze data from an online brain-training program called MyBrainSolutions.
According to Dr. Gordon, the most significant benefits were found for games training positivity to improve scores within anxiety, stress and depression (feeling scores).
Training in self-regulation was found to be beneficial in terms of improved memory, attention, and executive function as well as a reduction in anxiety, stress, and depression levels.
"Results suggest a synergistic effect of cognitive and emotional training," concluded Gordon.
The research appeared in the latest issue of Technology and Innovation - Proceedings of the National Academy of Inventors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Jan Dhan deposits up 118% over 21 months
- BJP demands action against Pakistan over CRPF ambush in J&K
- Philippines' President-elect to bring back death penalty
- Did Sofia Hayat actually say, "I know I gave birth to Shiva"?
- PM Modi reacts to his Pakistan visit, says 'now I do not have to explain India's fight against terrorism to the world'