Burger King slammed over 1,010-calorie hamburger
London: Burger King has been blasted by health campaigners over its 1,010-calorie hamburger.
The fast food chain is facing criticism for introducing its Three Cheese Double Angus as child obesity is on the rise.
A person who eats with fries and a cola would need to run 17 miles to burn off the 1,733 calories and 2½oz of fat.
“It would provide an adult woman with her entire daily saturated fat allowance and half her daily calorie limit,” the Daily Express quoted Dietician Victoria Taylor as saying.
A spokesman for Burger King said: “We believe our food is seen as a treat and eaten in moderation may form part of a balanced diet.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says