Burger King slammed over 1,010-calorie hamburger
London: Burger King has been blasted by health campaigners over its 1,010-calorie hamburger.
The fast food chain is facing criticism for introducing its Three Cheese Double Angus as child obesity is on the rise.
A person who eats with fries and a cola would need to run 17 miles to burn off the 1,733 calories and 2½oz of fat.
“It would provide an adult woman with her entire daily saturated fat allowance and half her daily calorie limit,” the Daily Express quoted Dietician Victoria Taylor as saying.
A spokesman for Burger King said: “We believe our food is seen as a treat and eaten in moderation may form part of a balanced diet.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India