District hospitals to become medical colleges: Harsh Vardhan
New Delhi: The government has taken steps to improve manpower in health care sector including upgrading district hospitals into medical colleges, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said here Friday.
The minister said that the central government provides financial assistance to state governments to strengthen their health care system.
No minimum standards have been laid down regarding facilities to be provided at district hospitals as health is a state subject," Harsh Vardhan added.
He also said there is no specific scheme under the National Health Mission for strengthening and upgrading existing district hospitals.
He said 200-bedded district hospitals will be upgraded to medical colleges if there are none in the area.
The existing medical colleges will be upgraded to the level of super-speciality hospitals. It will help increase the number of medicare personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users