District hospitals to become medical colleges: Harsh Vardhan
New Delhi: The government has taken steps to improve manpower in health care sector including upgrading district hospitals into medical colleges, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said here Friday.
The minister said that the central government provides financial assistance to state governments to strengthen their health care system.
No minimum standards have been laid down regarding facilities to be provided at district hospitals as health is a state subject," Harsh Vardhan added.
He also said there is no specific scheme under the National Health Mission for strengthening and upgrading existing district hospitals.
He said 200-bedded district hospitals will be upgraded to medical colleges if there are none in the area.
The existing medical colleges will be upgraded to the level of super-speciality hospitals. It will help increase the number of medicare personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?
- Whoa! Ranbir Kapoor's new house is ready, GUESS who designed it?