District hospitals to become medical colleges: Harsh Vardhan
New Delhi: The government has taken steps to improve manpower in health care sector including upgrading district hospitals into medical colleges, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said here Friday.
The minister said that the central government provides financial assistance to state governments to strengthen their health care system.
No minimum standards have been laid down regarding facilities to be provided at district hospitals as health is a state subject," Harsh Vardhan added.
He also said there is no specific scheme under the National Health Mission for strengthening and upgrading existing district hospitals.
He said 200-bedded district hospitals will be upgraded to medical colleges if there are none in the area.
The existing medical colleges will be upgraded to the level of super-speciality hospitals. It will help increase the number of medicare personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!