Dr Reddy`s launches generic cholesterol-lowering drug in US
New Delhi: Dr Reddy's Laboratories today launched generic version of Pfizer's Caduet tablets, a cholesterol-lowering drug, in the American market after getting the approval from the US health regulator.
The company has launched Amlodipine Besylate and Atorvastatin Calcium Tablets in the US market following the approval by the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA), Dr Reddy's Laboratories said in a statement.
The company's product is the generic equivalent of Pfizer Inc's Caduet tablets, it added.
The Hyderabad-based firm's Amlodipine Besylate and Atorvastatin Calcium tablets are available in bottle counts of 30 and 90, the company said.
According to IMS Health sales data, Caduet tablets brand and generics had US sales of around USD 163 million for the most recent twelve months ending in January 2014.
Dr Reddy's Laboratories shares were trading at Rs 2,594 apiece on the BSE in afternoon trade, down 1.60 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'