Eat popcorn, cheese for healthy aging!
Want to know the secret of healthy aging.
According to a research, people who eat a balanced diet, don`t smoke, and exercise regularly lead longer, healthier lives. The following tips can help you focus on foods for key parts of the body that are important to healthy aging:
- Bones: String cheese is not just for the young. Add calcium to your diet by snacking on a stick of string cheese when hunger strikes.
- Muscles: For a quick and easy snack, look for a nutrition bar with added soy protein or add a packet of soy or whey protein to your favourite smoothie.
- Eyes: Punch up your intake of the eye-popping nutrients lutein and zeaxanthin by making a spinach salad with slices of oranges. Many multivitamin and mineral dietary supplements also include lutein.
- Heart: Popcorn is a great source of whole grains.
- Mind: Salmon or tuna that is canned in water or in a shelf-stable pouch can make easy and affordable meals.
A positive attitude and regular physical activity are also key to maintaining good health at any age.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam