Eat popcorn, cheese for healthy aging!
Want to know the secret of healthy aging.
According to a research, people who eat a balanced diet, don`t smoke, and exercise regularly lead longer, healthier lives. The following tips can help you focus on foods for key parts of the body that are important to healthy aging:
- Bones: String cheese is not just for the young. Add calcium to your diet by snacking on a stick of string cheese when hunger strikes.
- Muscles: For a quick and easy snack, look for a nutrition bar with added soy protein or add a packet of soy or whey protein to your favourite smoothie.
- Eyes: Punch up your intake of the eye-popping nutrients lutein and zeaxanthin by making a spinach salad with slices of oranges. Many multivitamin and mineral dietary supplements also include lutein.
- Heart: Popcorn is a great source of whole grains.
- Mind: Salmon or tuna that is canned in water or in a shelf-stable pouch can make easy and affordable meals.
A positive attitude and regular physical activity are also key to maintaining good health at any age.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today