Himachal defers ban on gutka till October
Shimla: Less than a week after imposing a blanket ban on the manufacture, storage and sale of `gutka` (tobacco paan masala) and its variants in the state, the Himachal Pradesh government Tuesday deferred its ban.
The ban on `gutka` and other tobacco products has been put off till Oct 2, an official statement quoting Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said.
It said the decision in this regard was taken by Dhumal on the appeal of retailers to enable them exhaust their stocks.
Himachal Pradesh has joined a handful of states, including Maharashtra, Kerala and Madhya Pradesh, to impose total ban on `gutka`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh