Lupin gets USFDA nod for generic hypertension drug
New Delhi: Drug major Lupin on Friday said it has received US health regulator`s approval to market generic version of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp`s Diovan HCT Tablets, a hypertension drug, in the American market.
Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc, a subsidiary of Lupin Ltd, has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for its Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets (HCT), Lupin Ltd said in a statement.
The Mumbai-based firm said it has already commenced shipping the product.
Lupin`s Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets USP are indicated for the treatment of hypertension, to lower blood pressure.
According to IMS MAT Sept 2012 sales data, Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets had sales of around USD 1.7 billion in the US market.
The stock of Lupin today closed at Rs 627.85 per share on the BSE, up 0.75 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!