Lupin gets USFDA nod for generic hypertension drug
New Delhi: Drug major Lupin on Friday said it has received US health regulator`s approval to market generic version of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp`s Diovan HCT Tablets, a hypertension drug, in the American market.
Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc, a subsidiary of Lupin Ltd, has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for its Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets (HCT), Lupin Ltd said in a statement.
The Mumbai-based firm said it has already commenced shipping the product.
Lupin`s Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets USP are indicated for the treatment of hypertension, to lower blood pressure.
According to IMS MAT Sept 2012 sales data, Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets had sales of around USD 1.7 billion in the US market.
The stock of Lupin today closed at Rs 627.85 per share on the BSE, up 0.75 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- This novel genetic method could lead to vaccine for life-threatening cancer!
- Heatwave continues to sweep several parts of country; Odisha records highest maximum temperature of 46.3 degrees Celsius
- BJP denies Sonia Gandhi's character assassination charge in chopper deal
- EC deploys more police observers for 5th phase of poll in West Bengal
- West Bengal polls: Mamata rakes up 2G scam, slams Congress, BJP, CPI(M)