Lupin gets USFDA nod for generic hypertension drug
New Delhi: Drug major Lupin on Friday said it has received US health regulator`s approval to market generic version of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp`s Diovan HCT Tablets, a hypertension drug, in the American market.
Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc, a subsidiary of Lupin Ltd, has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for its Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets (HCT), Lupin Ltd said in a statement.
The Mumbai-based firm said it has already commenced shipping the product.
Lupin`s Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets USP are indicated for the treatment of hypertension, to lower blood pressure.
According to IMS MAT Sept 2012 sales data, Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets had sales of around USD 1.7 billion in the US market.
The stock of Lupin today closed at Rs 627.85 per share on the BSE, up 0.75 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!