Men and women react differently when ill
London: Men and women react differently when they are ill and doctors need to know how the symptoms vary, say researchers.
The study led by Professor Giovannella Baggio of Italy`s Padua University Hospital, suggested that when men have a heart attack, chest pain that radiates down the left arm is the standard symptom, while women display nausea and lower abdominal pain, the Daily Express reported.
Professor Giovannella Baggio told the publication that women often do not receive the treatment they need.
She said that at the dawn of the third millennium medical researchers still know very little about gender-specific differences.
The research was published in the journal Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok