Men and women react differently when ill
London: Men and women react differently when they are ill and doctors need to know how the symptoms vary, say researchers.
The study led by Professor Giovannella Baggio of Italy`s Padua University Hospital, suggested that when men have a heart attack, chest pain that radiates down the left arm is the standard symptom, while women display nausea and lower abdominal pain, the Daily Express reported.
Professor Giovannella Baggio told the publication that women often do not receive the treatment they need.
She said that at the dawn of the third millennium medical researchers still know very little about gender-specific differences.
The research was published in the journal Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?