New initiatives needed against water-borne diseases: Sachin Tendulkar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar has expressed his concern and has come forward to bat against water-borne diseases. He called for eradication of water-borne diseases and said that Indian research institutions should come up with new initiatives against the mortality among children due to such diseases.
Sachin was speaking at the launch of "Shuddh Paani, Swastha Bharat", a national campaign of the Livpure Foundation. He said that ``Since India has the highest mortality among children due the water-borne diseases, there is a need for the research institutions in the country to come up with brilliant initiatives to curb the diseases."
Tendulkar said, "I feel proud to be associated with this initiative to safeguard children's health to the best of my abilities for the wellbeing of every child in order to reduce child mortality rate in India".
According to National Health Care Survey of 2013, less than one-third of households in India have access to purified drinking water.
Livpure also launched two new reverse osmosis products on the occasion.
Rakesh Malhotra, founder SAR group, said, "Access to safe drinking water on sustainable basis constitutes a fundamental and inalienable human right of every one in India."
"Livpure Foundation has been established to bring into focus this critical problem facing a large population globally and especially India since, as per WHO more people die from unsafe water than from all forms of violence including war," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Evangelist spews venom against Islam, says its a threat to Christianity, Hindus, Jews
- 500 million at risk of contracting Zika in Americas
- Alastair Cook on verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar's historic record in Tests
- 73% Indian employees expect promotion in next 12 months
- 2,508 cities selected under PM's scheme for affordable housing