New initiatives needed against water-borne diseases: Sachin Tendulkar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar has expressed his concern and has come forward to bat against water-borne diseases. He called for eradication of water-borne diseases and said that Indian research institutions should come up with new initiatives against the mortality among children due to such diseases.
Sachin was speaking at the launch of "Shuddh Paani, Swastha Bharat", a national campaign of the Livpure Foundation. He said that ``Since India has the highest mortality among children due the water-borne diseases, there is a need for the research institutions in the country to come up with brilliant initiatives to curb the diseases."
Tendulkar said, "I feel proud to be associated with this initiative to safeguard children's health to the best of my abilities for the wellbeing of every child in order to reduce child mortality rate in India".
According to National Health Care Survey of 2013, less than one-third of households in India have access to purified drinking water.
Livpure also launched two new reverse osmosis products on the occasion.
Rakesh Malhotra, founder SAR group, said, "Access to safe drinking water on sustainable basis constitutes a fundamental and inalienable human right of every one in India."
"Livpure Foundation has been established to bring into focus this critical problem facing a large population globally and especially India since, as per WHO more people die from unsafe water than from all forms of violence including war," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer advance but Britain's World No. 706 Marcus Willis steals show
- It's so simple! Watch how to get ready sans make-up
- Hizbul Mujahideen commander killed in Kashmir gunfight
- BCCI rejected Cricket Advisory Committee's proposal to appoint Ravi Shastri batting coach - Here's why
- 7th Pay Commission: Centre may disburse increased allowances prospectively